Could not attach to process: The request is not supported.
Joseph
2010-06-21 16:15:42 UTC
I am having a problem with a release build on a customer's x64 server 2008
box. My application is giving "<Application Name> has stopped working". I am
used to being able to get a memory dump but the crash window does not have
the details link. So I had him download and install windows debugging tools
for x86 (my app is 32 bit unmanaged). We then ran windbg -I and now when the
app crashes windbg pops up but it says
"Could not attache to process <pid>, NTSTATUS 0xC00000BB
The request is not supported."
s***@gmail.com
2012-12-24 03:35:25 UTC
Post by Joseph
I am having a problem with a release build on a customer's x64 server 2008
box. My application is giving "<Application Name> has stopped working". I am
used to being able to get a memory dump but the crash window does not have
the details link. So I had him download and install windows debugging tools
for x86 (my app is 32 bit unmanaged). We then ran windbg -I and now when the
app crashes windbg pops up but it says
"Could not attache to process <pid>, NTSTATUS 0xC00000BB
The request is not supported."
If you get an error, typically ‘request not supported’. check you’re using the right ‘bitness’ of debugger for the process you’re connecting to or the right chip architecture for WinDbg (eg, IA64, x64, x86). You may also have to run windbg elevated.
from: http://rionisimpsoni.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/getting-started-with-windbg-and-sos-dll/