WinDbg and the dv /V command
Norton
2010-09-17 19:59:03 UTC
Hello,

I am getting the following message whenever I try to use the dv /V command
in WinDbg:

0:000> dv /V
Unable to enumerate locals, HRESULT 0x80004005
Private symbols (symbols.pri) are required for locals.
Type ".hh dbgerr005" for details.

I even tried to use it with a very simple .NET app that has .pdb file and
the .sympath is set to the location of the file. I use the !mbm command to
set a breakpoint at the beginning of my Main function and then when I execute
dv /V, I get the above message.
Can anyone tell me if I am missing something, or could this be an issue with
WinDbg?

Thanks,
Norton.
sds vcpp