How to .symfix ?
Martini Yesör
2009-06-30 20:39:01 UTC
I just installed the Windows Vista SP2 Symbols package and started the
Debugging Tool, opend a dump crash file and could not go on cause of missing
a symbol search path. The instruction is: Use .symfix to have the debugger
choose a symbol path. And than: The Symbol Path can be set by:
*
* using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
* using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
* using .sympath and .sympath+
But i am completely out of. Is there any step by step helpfile for dummies ?

Cheers, Yesör
pat styles [microsoft]
2009-07-01 05:34:08 UTC
Hello Martini.

Did you look up "symbols" in the help index? There's pretty extensive
instructions there. If, after reading that, you still are having trouble,
please reply to this with a few details and I'll see if I can help.

.pat styles [microsoft]

Cheers, Yesör
Martini Yesör
2009-07-01 18:56:01 UTC
Post by pat styles [microsoft]
Hello Martini.
Did you look up "symbols" in the help index? There's pretty extensive
instructions there. If, after reading that, you still are having trouble,
please reply to this with a few details and I'll see if I can help.
.pat styles [microsoft]
Salue

Increasing questions while reading, guess it's too much for now.

Thanx for help hint.

Martini Jesör

____________________
Chr. Kinioki mentioned ?
Christian KINIOKI
Cheers, Yesör
ih
2009-08-25 18:04:01 UTC
I see Martini gave up. I need clarification too:

In what environment am I supposed to use <.symfix>?

To expand on my question: This looks like a cmd or DOS command to me. I
tried both, but none worked. So can somebody just point me to the right
procedure in a few words, or do I heve to get a degree in Computer Science
first?

Thanks & regards,
ih
Cheers, Yesör
Ivan Brugiolo [MSFT]
2009-08-26 18:56:57 UTC
`.symfix` is a built-in debugger command, so, it is ment to be executed at
the debugger prompt.
0:000> .symfix
kd:0> .symfix

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
?
Cheers, Yesör
ih
Cheers, Yesör
t***@yahoo.com
2012-09-23 13:08:17 UTC
someone help me to solve the problem error on game lostsaga in Indonesia.I have done, from new windows install to install the new Game.exe.but the problem is same