Your debugger is not using the correct symbols
Kjell Gunnar
2008-08-27 13:27:56 UTC
Are you missing the last "s" , here is my setting which works every
time:

SRV*C:\WebSymb*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

or check this command:
The .symfix command automatically sets the symbol path to point to the
Microsoft symbol store.

Regards
Kjell Gunnar
I am new to Windbg. I am trying to debug my application in c++ which
is throwing an access violation exception.
I guess this is due to some memory leak.
But I am having hard time getting details usig windbg. Looks like
reason is symbols are not available and it shows following details in
response to command "!heap -stat -h"
***
***
***
***
***    Your debugger is not using the correct symbols
***
***
***
***    In order for this command to work properly, your symbol path
***
***    must point to .pdb files that have full type information.
***
***
***
***    Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not
***
***    contain the required information.  Contact the group that
***
***    provided you with these symbols if you need this command to
***
***    work.
***
***
***
***    Type referenced: ntdll!_PEB
***
***
***
unable to resolve ntdll!RtlpStackTraceDataBase
I have set my symbols path to path of my .pdb files and I am using
debug built for debugging purpose.
I have also added following line in my symbol path
SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbol
My source path is also correctly set.
I did not download any symbols from web. I am using windbg on Windows
vista home premium.
I am not sure what else information will be needed by someone who can
help me out of this hell.
Thanks and Regards
Bhawna
Bhawna
2008-08-28 11:48:51 UTC
Post by Kjell Gunnar
[...]
Bhawna- Hide quoted text -
I am still coming across same problem inspite of making changes. if
possible please suggest what all can cause it to happen. Also is it
ignorable and still I can solve my problem. Actually I find valgrind
very much readable and am expecting something similar on Windows .
pat styles [microsoft]
2008-08-28 15:07:17 UTC
Simply look up "symbols" in the help index. It will show you how to
triage your symbols issue. You might want to get familiar with the
"!sym noisy" command.

.pat styles [microsoft]
d***@gmail.com
2018-08-16 16:46:42 UTC