Is there a stand alone WinDbg installer for a new updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1?
Ant
2016-11-10 01:02:34 UTC
Hello.

I downloaded and extracted
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/1/0/F10113F5-B750-4969-A255-274341AC6BCE/GRMSDKX_EN_DVD.iso
to my local new SATA HDD with its 2.5 weeks old, updated 64-bit W7 HPE
SP1 installation. I only wanted to install its WinDbg, Performance, and
other tools but it failed because of
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2717426 ... Do I really have to
uninstall and reinstall MS Visual C++ 2010 Reistributables? :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "A 'practical joker' deserves applause for his wit
according to its quality. Bastinado is about right. For exceptional wit
( ) ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
B00ze
2016-11-10 02:23:10 UTC
Post by Ant
Hello.
I downloaded and extracted
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/1/0/F10113F5-B750-4969-A255-274341AC6BCE/GRMSDKX_EN_DVD.iso
to my local new SATA HDD with its 2.5 weeks old, updated 64-bit W7 HPE
SP1 installation. I only wanted to install its WinDbg, Performance, and
other tools but it failed because of
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2717426 ... Do I really have to
uninstall and reinstall MS Visual C++ 2010 Reistributables? :(
Thank you in advance. :)
Nice that you've found a KB about this. I have had to install the SDK
"very early" in my computers' lives because anything I install that also
installs VC++2010 might install a "too new" version and make the SDK
error out. I discovered this by restoring backups in reverse order until
the damn SDK installed, and then looked at what I'd done afterwards.
KB2717426 would've spared my all that, lol.

Best Regards,
--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / ***@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society