dbengprx and com port usage
kernelgui
2005-07-20 16:05:06 UTC
According to the debugger docs you should be able to use dbengprx to set up a
connection using a serial port as a server transport, unfortunately anytime I
try this I always get an "Unable to Start - Error 0x80070057" dialog. I am
trying commands similar to

dbengprx -c npipe:pipe=test1,server=computername -s
com:port=1,baud=115200,channel=0

I have tried various forms of the same (i.e. specifying port=com1, lowering
baudrate, omitting or changing channel) but all return the same error dialog.

What am I doing wrong, or is this misdocumented?

Thanks in advance.
t***@gmail.com
2015-06-15 11:33:59 UTC
Post by kernelgui
According to the debugger docs you should be able to use dbengprx to set up a
connection using a serial port as a server transport, unfortunately anytime I
try this I always get an "Unable to Start - Error 0x80070057" dialog. I am
trying commands similar to
dbengprx -c npipe:pipe=test1,server=computername -s
com:port=1,baud=115200,channel=0
I have tried various forms of the same (i.e. specifying port=com1, lowering
baudrate, omitting or changing channel) but all return the same error dialog.
What am I doing wrong, or is this misdocumented?
Thanks in advance.
I'm having the same problem. It is weird because the documentation says there you can use tcp, npipe and com, but when you run dbengprx without arguments it says that you can only use tcp and npipe..